Thursday 2 August 2012

My Blusher/Bronzer Collection

Ive been meaning to do this post for a while. I dont own many blushers and bronzers - well 4 to be precise but I feel that this is enough, ive got most of the colour options covered and this suits me fine!


(Each swatch corresponds with the blush in the same place in the picture above)

First up is the famed peach melba by Natural Collection. This is a lovely peachy pink colour and adds warmth to the cheek without making them look too red which is a problem I suffer from. Staying power is good and the price is very reasonable - 4/5

Secondly is an MUA blush in shade 1 (I think). These are a pound so the price front scores well. I like the colour on my hand but with my facial redness this has the tendency to make me look a bit like a lobster. This is so pigmented so I cant complain in that area. This is a great blush but just on my skin and with a heavy hand it looks a bit too much - 3/5

Coming up third is an MUA Bronzer. Again this cost a pound, and you get so much more product in comparison to the blush. These last me ages so Ill be stuck with this for the rest of my life I think! Again, this has a great colour payoff but you need to use a lighthand unless you want to look like an ompa loompa. This isnt an orangey tone and i just a lovely matt true bronzey brown colour - 4/5

Finally is this unbranded blush that Ive had for about ten years. I got it in those sets that you used to be given at christmas as a little girl (know which ones i mean?!). This was my first blush and its up there with the Natural Collection one. I cant fault it on colour payoff but it is slightly less long lasting than the Natural Collection. This is a great plummy colour andI havent seen another like this in a long time. Thumbs up from me - 4/5

As you can tell, all of these ive marked at around the same mark and this is because I cannot really choose between them.

The one thing is that these are all powder blushes and so I think I need to invest in a cream one, any recommendations?

6 comments:

  1. Topshop's cream blushers are lovely but may be a bit brighter than what you're after, given this post. Worth a look though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great reviews. I'll look into it! Maybe I should try and be more daring :) x

      Delete
  2. I got the MUa blush too... its so pretty and flattering, I use it all the time :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great value. What other blushes do you love? X

      Delete
  3. The natural collection blush looks lovely, I've been meaning to try them out for awhile now:) great post!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely purchase one. I'd fully recommend them! X

      Delete