Tuesday 21 August 2012

Review: Vichy Normaderm Micellaire Solution

Hello girlies, Ive got a fab post for you today. I recently purchased the Vichy Normaderm Micellaire Water and im going to be reviewing it for you.

Im very much a lover of micellaire waters/solutions. Ive been using the Nivea cleasing toner for a while and love that it was so simple to use. When my bottle of the Nivea run out I thought id treat myself and go for a more expensive one, cue Vichy.


I love the bottle, the green colour is gorgeous and the writing on the front tells you everything you need to know. This particular one is for acne prone skin which is what I suffer with. Although I havent seen it help my spots Ive noticed that it hasnt broken me out.

The price of this is quite steep. I bought it in Boots for £10.50 (available here) but other people have reviewd even more expensive ones that this such as the Bioderma and they have raved about them so I thought id treat myself.

(List of ingredients and application instructions)

I can compare this to my Nivea one but im not going to today as Im planning a comparison post to come later.

I use this as my sole cleanser because I suffer with very sensitive skin and over washing it makes my face a nightmare so at nightime I cleanse and remove makeup with this and then just moisturise. As a stand alone product this is great at removing makeup. I use 2 cotton pads soaked in it (one for the top half of my face and one for the bottom half) and its really good at getting red of everything, I cant tell how great it is at removing eyeliner and mascara because I use a seperate eye makeup remover. Its not as thorough as proper face washes but I cant complain, what is left over hasnt broken me out so I see no reason to complain.

The only downside that I can really see to this product is the way it makes my face feel straight after use. It leaves skin feeling quite sticky and wet for a while after and although it does fade after about 30 minutes its still not a great feeling.

All in all, I still love micellaire solutions and this would be totally brilliant if it didnt leave a coating and stickiness on the skin. Id rate it 7 out of 10 and would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a micellaire water in the medium price range.




6 comments:

  1. I've been trying to push myself into buying a micellaire solution but they all seem a little pricy considering what they are... maybe one day I'll take the plunge.

    Check out my blog?
    Nicola:
    www.the-dailyswatch.blogspot.co.uk
    @nicolayoung13
    13nicolayoung@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have previously used the Nivea Cleansing Toner. Is currently £2ish at Boots. It doesnt label itself as a micellaire solution but it does the same thing :).

      Ill check out your blog and twitter now! xx

      Delete
  2. I really liked this micellar solution too, I just hated getting it near my eyes cause it stings so bad. I use the Vichy waterproof eye makeup remover and it's brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive never put it near my eyes because I use a Nivea eye makeup remover. I wont in the future if you say it stings! Ohh how much is the Vichy EMR? xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the sound of this, I am hunting for a new solution after my Bioderma gets all used up. Shame about the feeling it leaves on your skin after use though! I'm going to look further into this because I like the Vichy Normaderm range :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive started soaking the cotton pad less and the feeling on my skin isnt so bad, maybe less is more! How did you get on with bioderma, ive wanted to try it for ages :) xx

      Delete